When Do You Need to Get Your Drains Checked?
Drains are a part of the house which are only attended to when clogged. Most people don’t pay attention to the maintenance of them. Just like any other part of the house, the drainage system also needs to be cleaned regularly. Even when it seems fine, there will be issues if you pay more attention. There is a lot that goes into your drains: hair, oil, grease and a lot of chemicals. These tend to accumulate around the pipes over time. A clogged drain is the result of constant neglect.
Signs that indicate that your drains need to get professional help:
If you have been noticing these signs around your house, you should not delay contacting a professional drain clearance in Richmond. There is a chance that you might face a significant plumbing issue if you don’t fix this as soon as possible.
- Slow drainage is the most significant sign of a problematic drainage system. Did you notice of late it took longer to drain than it did before? The rate of drainage might be getting slow over time and increasing significantly. This could be a sign of accumulation in pipes.
- Bad odour is another sign of a faulty drainage system. Improper drainage or leaks in the pipes is usually the cause for this. It could also be due to a significant issue like a broken pipe. With the water not ending up in the sewer, and odour is bound to surface.
- You may be able to fix one occasional clogged drain with a plunger or some hot water. But, if you have faced the issue of multiple clogged drains at the same time, it isn’t usual. This indicates a much bigger problem in the overall condition of your entire drainage system.
- Frequent drain clogs are crucial elements to watch out for. Chemical cleaners are a respite for most people when they have a clogged drain. But if one or more drains clog frequently, a professional drain clearance in Richmond will work wonders.
- Do you hear weird noises when from your pipes? When water can’t flow properly, it makes these noises. Air bubbles also contribute to the sound. A quick check is the best to avoid any long-term problems that will wreak havoc in your life.
Do you need to clean your drains even if you don’t see these signs?
If your drainage system manages to be free from the signs mentioned above, you still might be at risk. To be on the safe side, it is advised to get your drainage system professionally cleaned once a year. The frequency is subjective. For older systems, more frequent checks will be better. If you face problems frequently, getting it cleaned more often might also be the end of your worries. Most professional cleaners use high-pressure water jets to clean your system. This breaks down existing clogs and also prevents new ones from forming. Unlike chemical cleaners, they are much more effective and better for the environment.